The Turkish Language
Between 70 and 80 million people speak the Turkish language. It is the official language of Turkey, but surprisingly, only 40% of Turkic language speakers are native Turkish speakers.
Turkish is also an official language of Cyprus and Northern Cyprus, and a minority language in Romania, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Iraq.
Though it is distantly related to Finnish and Hungarian, 86% of its vocabulary is of Turkish origin, and the remaining 14% comes from other languages like Persian, Arabic, French, Italian, Greek, and English. Beyond its home country, Turkish speakers reside in France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States.